Thursday, November 18, 2004

Sundays

So, I've been thinking.... and have heard several messages lately.... about SUNDAYS. Yes that's right, Sundays. I dream of the time, probably long long ago, that Sunday's used to be a sabbath. A day of rest. I day of relaxation. A day to spend in communion with our Lord. I wonder if quality of life was different because of that single day. That single day, to stop, relax, think and pray. A day to spend with family....
Because in today's society it's completly different. Everyone I know is on the go 7 days a week 52 weeks a year. That is 52 days that we miss out on relaxation, time with family and time in reflection. Just time to let our bodies and minds catch up with each other. That's 1040 days in 20 years that I could have had relaxing and learning more about myself and my family. And we wonder why kids grow up so fast.... 3 years of our life are accelerated (1040 days) because we no longer have that day of relaxation, renewal and reflection.
Just a thought...thanks for bearing with it!

No comments: