Monday, August 27, 2007

A New Start

This seems to be the only journal I haven't lost through the years. It's strange to look back on it and yet very fun. So much has changed since I set this blog up 4 years ago. Now, instead of starting college, I am one semester from being done with classes. I will major in elementary education and minor in spanish. I'm not sure if that is what I'll do with the rest of my life, but none the less, it's a great thing to fall back on. I'm still thinking about opening a restaurant one day. I love the buisness and feel like I really could succeed if I take the time to develop the plan enough.
Things with Matt are going better than ever... marriage talks are on the horizon, but I'm not rushing them. I think we're looking at next summer, but still taking life as it comes. :) He really is a great man. I can't believe the amount of patience he can have with me even at my crazy times. We've been having a lot of fun together and I'm even starting to try new things that I enjoy. Such as kayaking. :) We went up in Savannah about 2 weeks ago for our anniversary. It was amazing. Dolphins were coming right up to our kayaks... I was in heaven. I wish i had my camera, but the memories will have to be enough.
Right now, if I could change anything about my life I would realign my faith in God. The last year has been tough I guess with all the moving and such. I can't even tell you the last time we went to church. It makes me sad. Matt and I met under Christian principles and I think I've let that slip away. I want to do something to rekindle that. Maybe i'll run out to Target/Walmart today and buy us a bible study. I think I should. I feel like we are stronger as a couple, but in order to really make it work we need to invite God back in our relationship.

Please pray for our strength and discipline as we attempt to be "back in His arms again".

3 comments:

Becca said...

Hi Heather!
I know its probably super weird getting this message from a complete stranger.
I come across your blog every time I am in search of another Heather's (Heather Lindsey) blog who I frequent. Today I decided to finally stop and take a look at your posts. I just wanted to say, I'm super happy for you and Matt. It warms my heart that you always had nothing but good to say about him and your relationship. And its so awesome that you knew long ago he was the one! I cannot wait to experience that feeling.

What brought me the most joy was the way that you confessed you both had kind of strayed from having God at the center. I pray you guys were able to restore that relationship with Him. Its soooo essential, i'm finding. I do believe that God honored you two's union long before your marriage because you started and finished with Him. And I know that He will perfect it because you acknowledge Him. Wish you the absolute best!

You may never read this. Or maybe you'll come across it a year from now when you remember this blog exists. Either way, know that you are an inspiration! :-)

Becca

Tinu said...

Hey! my name is Tinu and I just wanted to encourage you with what you wrote in your blog. Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, acknowledge Him in all your ways and He shall direct your paths". God hears you and Matt's heart. He wants all of you guy's heart. He loves you and He made you. I just pray that you and your husband will continue to grow in Him. Have a blessed day, and thank you for sharing your heart in your blog.

-Tinu

Kiara H said...

Hi Heather :)

I just came across you blog searching for another heather lindsey as well. And I got excited when I read that you wanted to incorporate God into your life again. I love that. Be encouraged :) God is ready and waiting for you to come back to Him if you haven't already. I prayed for you, and I pray that you guys will continue to honor God in your relationship. Honor Him in your actions, your thoughts, the way you treat eachother, in purity, and in faithfulness. He will bless that. Jesus loves you and wants the best for you.. so continue to seek him :)